African Shipping Requirements details on this article.
Why You Need This Information? Is This Necessary?
African countries are really strict about their export and import policies. If you are planning a shipment to any African country, this information will be useful.
If you are planning to ship your high-sulfur diesel to Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, Ivory Coast (Cote d’Ivoire), Togo, it won't be possible since they reject your shipment!
Nigeria Restricted/Prohibited Goods
- All kind of Birds including frozen poultry
- Pork, beef, bird’s eggs
- Refined vegetable oils and fats (mayo etc.)
- Cane or beet sugar and chemically pure sucrose, in solid form in retail packs.
- Cocoa butter, powder (cakes, etc.)
- Noddles, Pasta
- Fruit Juice
- Waters, including mineral waters and aerated waters containing added sugar or sweetening matter or flavored, ice snow, other non-alcoholic beverages, and beer and stout
- Bagged cement.
- Medicaments ( a lot of restricted medicines)
These goods are restricted. This information coming by the Nigerian Customs. The last updated date is November 2018.
You can check more details Export’s website Export.Gov
Ghana Prohibited Goods
- Narcotics/illegal drugs
- Pornography and obscene materials/literature
- Raw coffee, beads of inflammable celluloid and mercuric medicated soaps
- Foreign soil
- Counterfeit currency and products
- Used refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners
Madagascar Import And Export Prohibited Goods/Items
- Counterfeit products
- Products detrimental to morality
The waste and scrap
Prohibited by Benin Import
- Narcotics (except those accepted for medical use)
- Materials that may endanger the environment
Congo Prohibited Import
- Water hyacinths
- Pornographic materials
Angola Prohibited Goods
- Animals and Plants
- Gambling Products
- Pornographic Materials
- Vehicles – Passenger vehicles more than 6 years from the manufacturing date are not permitted to be imported into Angola.
- Biotechnology Products
- Imitations of national franchise formulas
- Home-made or handmade medicines
- Food products that do not meet the conditions established by current legislation or that are in a poor state of conservation
- Used batteries and accumulators.
- Retreaded or used tires.
- Counterfeit Goods
Liberia Prohibited Goods
- Illegal Drugs
- Explosives and Explosive materials
- Knives and deadly weapons
- Counterfeit Money
Any further assistance, you can chat with us or contact us immediately!
Looking For Quote?