An Electronic Cargo Tracking Note (ECTN), also commonly used as Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaison (BSC) must be obtained for all shipments to Chad at the port of departure/loading (POL).
Chad ECTN Official Directive
The requirement that was initially implemented on April 1st, 2013 must be applied before the B/L date, on any cargo imported in or exported from Chad.
This is mandated by Decree n° 04/PR/PM/MTAC/2013 of Jan. 3rd, 2013 by Le Ministre des infrastructures, des Transports et de I’Aviation Civile.
- The responsibility relating to the issuance of the CTN/BSC and all costs is on the shipper.
- The information required on the CTN/BSC is compulsory.
- The CTN/BSC number must be included on the manifest.
- Local representatives at the discharging ports will inspect each and every shipment on the presence of a corresponding CTN.
- Shipments without a CTN/BSC will result in delays and fines.
- For imports, the shipper has to provide the ECTN in a maximum of 5 days after the vessel’s departure from the port of loading.
- Bill of Lading (Scanned Copy)
- Commercial Invoice (Scanned Copy)
- Freight Invoice (Scanned Copy)
Find more about Chad ECTN at Chad BSC.
Looking For Quote?