Chad ECTN Official Directive
An Electronic Cargo Tracking Note (ECTN), also commonly used as Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaison (BSC) must be obtained for all shipments to Chad at the port of departure/load (POL). The requirement that was initially implemented on April 1st, 2013 must be applied before the B/L date, on any cargo imported in or exported from Chad. This is mandated by Decree n° 04/PR/PM/MTAC/2013 of Jan. 3rd, 2013 by Le Ministre des infrastructures, des Transports et de I’Aviation Civile
- The responsibility relating to the issuance of the CTN/BSC and all costs is with the shipper.
- The information required on the CTN/BSC is compulsory. The CTN/BSC number must be included on the manifest.
- Local representatives at the discharging ports will inspect each and every shipment on the presence of a corresponding CTN. Shipments without a CTN/BSC will result in delays and fines/seizures.
- For imports, the shipper has to produce the ECTN in a maximum of 5 days after the vessel’s departure from the port of loading.
- Bill of Lading
- Commercial InvoiceFreight Invoice
More about Chad ECTN read at Chad BSC